Monday, May 17, 2010

Acquisition Overload

How much STUFF is in your garage? There's way too much in mine. Even though two truckloads have already been hauled away, the stacks go to the ceiling on two sides. I wonder how much necessity screams from those boxes? In all probability, not much. So slowly but surely we will sort and give and sort and toss and sort and save. All the while, I will think about the ways I might need something some day as it hits the "toss" pile. I guess if that day comes, I will have to barter for another whatever it was.

I remain thankful for God's keeping me even though I might not perform as well as intended, or take up the truly appropriate amount of space on the planet. I might never figure out what I want to be when I grow up. But He will still keep me! His universe is filled with souls, but it never overflows! He never says "Enough!" until that coming Last Day. Hallelujah! the Lord has plenty of space for all who hope in Him and accept His gifts of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment